Name of the organisation : Railway Recruitment Cell, South Eastern Railway (rrcser.in) RRC SER
Name of the post : Recruitment for Pointsman-B, Trackman, Helper-II, Safaiwala in 2013
Reference Number : Employment Notice No-SER/RRC/OM/01/2013
Advertisement & Application Form : http://www.indianjobtalks.in/uploads/1077-NOTIFICATION.pdf
Home Page : http://www.rrcser.in/index.html
RRC South Eastern Railway Last Update :
Provisional Result for Trackman, Helper : http://www.indianjobtalks.in/19916.htmlSponsored Links:
Railway Recruitment Cell, South Eastern Railway ,Garden Reach invites applications from eligible Indian Nationals and from such other candidates declared eligible by Government of India, to fill up the following posts in various Divisions, Workshop and Offices of South Eastern Railway.
NAME OF THE POST NUMBER OF VACANCIES :
1 Pointsman-B 104
2 Trackman 1343
3 Helper-II 540
4 Helper-II 958
5 Safaiwala 191
TOTAL : 3136
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:
1. The candidate should be minimum 10th Pass or ITI or equivalent on the date of application. Candidates appearing and/or awaiting results of final examination of Class 10th or ITI or equivalent on the date of application are not eligible to apply.
2. Ex-SM who have retired after putting in 15 years of service and have passed Army Class-I certificate or equivalent will be considered eligible.
AGE LIMIT : For all the above vacancies, the normal age limit (in completed years) will be 18 to 33 years and will be reckoned as on 01- 01-2014. The upper age limit will be relaxed as under, subject to the production of requisite certificate.
A non-refundable fee of `.100/- (Rupees One hundred only) is to be paid in the form of crossed Demand Draft from State Bank of India or any other Nationalized Bank or crossed IPO from any Post Office drawn in favour of the “FA&CAO, South Eastern Railway, 11 Garden Reach Road, Kolkata-700043 payable at “KOLKATA”. Remittance of examination fee in any other form shall not be accepted. These instruments should not have been issued earlier to date of notification.
The following categories are exempt from payment of Application Fee:
(i) Candidates belonging to SC/ST communities.
(ii) Women candidates.
(iii) Candidates belonging to minority communities i.e. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Zoroastrians’ (Parsis).
(iv) Candidates belonging to economically backward classes having annual family income of less than `.50000/-.
(v) Persons with Disabilities.
TO WHOM TO APPLY :
The Application, complete in all respect along with required enclosures in prescribed format, may be sent by “ORDINARY POST” only to the “Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment), Railway Recruitment Cell, South Eastern Railway, 11, Garden Reach Road, 1st Floor, Bungalow No 12 A, Kolkata-700043 or, dropped in the Application Box kept in the ground floor of above mentioned address on or before the closing date. Applications sent through Speed post/Courier/Registered AD will not be acknowledged /accepted.
The envelope containing application should be clearly super scribed “Application for Recruitment in Pay Band-I `. 5200- 20200/- with GP `.1800/- South Eastern Railway” along with the community/ category as applicable i.e. SC/ ST/ OBC/ UR/ PWD (PH)/ Ex-SM.
RECRUITMENT PROCEDURE :
1. The recruitment procedure consists of written examination followed by Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and medical examination. The same procedure shall also be applicable for Ex-servicemen candidates. PWD (PH) candidates as specified in Para -4 above shall however be exempt from the PET.
2. Written Examination: Written examination shall be of Class 10th standard consisting of 100 multiple choice objective type questions to be answered in 90 minutes (120 minutes for PH candidates allowed to take a scribe) aimed to assess General Knowledge/Awareness, Mathematical ability and Reasoning etc. There will be no questions for checking proficiency in language. Questions will be printed in Hindi, English, Oriya, Urdu and Bengali.
3. Negative Marking: There shall be negative marking for wrong answers. 1/3 (0.33) marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer. There will be no negative marking for unattended question.
4. The minimum qualifying marks for UR shall be 40% and for SC/ST/OBC it shall be 30%.
5. Candidates to the extent of three times of notified vacancies, out of those who obtain the prescribed minimum pass marks in Written Examination in order of merit separately for each group of UR, SC, ST, OBC and Ex-SM candidates will be called for PET.
6. Physical Efficiency Test (PET):
PET shall only be qualifying in nature. The criteria for qualifying in the PET are as under:-
For male candidates : Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 04 minutes and 15 seconds in one chance.
For female candidates : Should be able to run for a distance of 400 metres in 03 minutes and 10 seconds in one chance.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Candidates should carefully read the instructions in this Employment Notice and should submit applications only in the format annexed at Annexure-I to this Notification. Applications not made in the specified format shall be rejected.
2. The Application Form should be made on good quality, white, A-4 size paper on a single sheet using ONE SIDE ONLY. Newspaper cuttings should not be used as applications.
3. Candidates (including PH candidates) must fill up the required information in Black/Blue Ball Point pen in his/her own handwriting.
4. Applications should be written either in English or Hindi or not in any other Language. Only one language (either English or Hindi) should be used for filling all the columns.
5. Application must be duly dated and signed by the candidate.
6. Overwriting, cutting, erasing in the AF will lead to rejection of application.
7. The photograph should be of size 4.5 x 3.5 cm. and should be in colour and unattested. The photograph should be taken without wearing coloured glasses, scarf, or Cap and face of the candidate should be clearly visible. The photograph should not be of more than one month old and should not bear any marks or signature. Applications containing scanned/edited photographs shall be summarily rejected.
8. Do not keep any column unfilled. If any column is not related to the candidate, please write N.A. (Not Applicable) in the appropriate box.
9. Non-compliance of any of the aforesaid instructions will result in rejection of the application.
Closing date : 25-11-2013