Name of the Organization : Maharashtra Finance Department Government Receipt Accounting System (gras.mahakosh.gov.in)
Type of Facility : Make Online Payment Without Registration
Website : https://gras.mahakosh.gov.in/echallan/
Related Post Found:
Basic requirements for E- payment:
** Internet Connection.
** User should have minimum knowledge of using browser for e- payment.
** User should have Internet enabled banking account for e- payment.
Screen Details :
1. Menu Bar :
A menu bar is a horizontal strip that contains lists of available menus for a certain program.
2. Logout Button :
Once the user finishes the work user should logout immediately to free the resources with the central server.
3. User Details Form :
To enter user Personal Details.
4. Mode of payment :
To Select Mode of payment through e-payment for Internet banking. Submit Button Reset Button Menu Bar Logout Button Mode of Payment User Personal Details form National Informatics Centre User Manual: GRAS NIC-SDCPN-FIN-GRAS-User manual -01 Version 1.0 Page 6 of 23
5. Submit Button :
To Submit Challan form.
6. Reset Button :
To clear the Challan form and to re- enter the new challan.
Payments without Registration (Guest User) :
Challan Details :
This is the option for the unregistered user/guest user for the challan payment without Registration facility. All the activities related to Payment without Registrationare listed below.
1. Select Payment without registration option from the index menu Categories.
2. Payment without registration screen is displayed for user interaction
3. Select the Payment Mode e-payment
E- Payment :
It can be used to make direct payment to the Government using the banks Internet payment gateways.
4. In the left pane user selects the options given below
Select Departmentfrom the dropdown list. On the selection of the Department respective department list is populated.
Payment type :
Select the Payment Type from the dropdown list. After selecting Department and type of payment, respective Scheme name list is populated.
Scheme name :
Select Scheme namefrom the dropdown list. Once the Payment type and scheme name is selected, the objects of taxes under which tax can be collected are displayed.
Select the Districtfrom the dropdown list where the user wants to make payment.
Office Name :
Select the ‘Office Name’from the dropdown list related to the above selected location.
Period (Year) :
Select year, Current Financial year selects by default.
Note : Else, user can pay taxes for the last 2 previous years and 2 next financial years by selecting proper year. Based on the mode of payment user selects the period.
The following options are available for the period :
This option is used for Annual payment.
Half Yearly :
It is semiannual period or payable twice each year. User selects any one period,
April – September
October – March
It is divided into four intervals. User selects any one interval as per the requirement,
October – December
January – March
User selects any month between (April – March).
It is specific period for the payment. The dates are displayed in the calendar format. User selects the date as per the requirement. National Informatics Centre User Manual: GRAS NIC-SDCPN-FIN-GRAS-User manual -01 Version 1.0 Page 8 of 23
One time :
This option is used for onetime payment only. The payment will be effective from the date on which the payment is made.
User enters the amount of tax in which the user intends to pay under each object. User selects the Object and enters the amount in the given field.
User Personal Details :
In the right pane, user enters the personal details given below,
Tax ID : Tax ID of the user.
PAN : PAN (Permanent account number) of the user issued by Income tax department (if required).
Name : Full name of the user.
Block no./ Premises : Contact address of the user.
Locality/Road : Locality name and Road name of the address.
Area /City : City/ Area name of the user.
Pin no. : PIN of the city or Area.
Remarks : User can enter any remark in the given field as per the requirement.
1. Selects Bank from the drop down list which user has Internet enabled bank account.
2. Select Submit option to submit the challan.
3. User can select Reset option to re-enter the challan. The new blank challan is displayed.
4. On Selection of Submit option the draft challan screen is displayed
5. Select ‘Proceed for Payment’ option; user gets the message to continue the process of the payment. User can ‘Cancel’ option to cancel the form. User gets previous screen to re –enter the challan details
6. The message screen is displayed
7. User selects Ok option. The system generates GRN Number (Government Reference number). The screen is displayed.
Note : Government Reference Number (GRN) is generated on the Challan to uniquely identify the payment to be made by the user. GRN should be quoted for any further enquiry. Therefore, user must ensure that 18 digit GRN generated is properly noted and saved.
8. Select Ok option. User gets the bank screen. If the user is retail user/ Individual user then the following bank screen is displayed
1. Retail User :
If the user is Retail User/individual user then user should enter the Internet Banking Log-in ID and Password issued by the respective Bank and login into bank account.
2. Corporate user :
If the user is corporate user, then user should select corporate user option. The following screen is displayed for corporate user.
3. Enter the Internet corporate ID, User Id and Login Password issued by the respective Bank.
4. User gets the payment detail screen form bank side
Payment Details :
5. User can enter the Payment remarks in the given box.
6. User selects Pay option and gets the payment validation screen
Payment Validation :
7. User enters Internet User ID and enters Transaction password.
8. After entering both fields user selects Validate option. User can view the previous screen by selecting Cancel option.
9. Select Validate option and user gets the Form no. 6from bank side
10. User gets bank CIN No. and Branch code and PRN Noof that respective bank after the successful completion of the transaction.
11. Click on “Click Here to complete the Transaction” to get screen
Search and Verification of Challan (Only for Unregistered User) :
This option is used to search challan and get the print of challan Only for Unregistered user
** To search the challan click on “Search Challan”Option, user will get screen
** Department-Select Department printed on challan from the dropdown list.
** District/Treasury- Select the District/Treasuryprinted on challan from the dropdown list.
** Bank– SelectBank printed on challan from the dropdown list.
** Amount– Enter theAmountof challan
User gets the challan details only when user knows either one option from following options :
1. GRN No :
User must know the GRN GovernmentReference Number (GRN) generated on the Challan to uniquely identify the payment to be made by the user. (18digit GRN generated is properly noted and saved)
2. Bank CIN :
User gets bank CIN No. of that respective bank after the successful completion of the transaction. CIN (Challan Identification Number) is generated as an acknowledgement for payment made online. If user does not remember CIN then please check it in respective bank transaction by login net banking account of respective bank.
3. Bank PRN :
User gets bank Payment Reference No. of that respective bank. If user does not remember PRN then please check it in respective bank by login net banking account of respective bank.
** Click on “Search Button” to get the details of challan. User will get screen
* *Since GRAS site has not received Bank CIN from Bank, hence challan will not be able to view the screen will appear
**In case of successful payment (i.e. Customer account debited in bank but Bank CIN not updated on GRAS site), Please update the bank CIN by clicking on “Verify”
** Click on “Verify”link
** Once user click on ‘Verify’ user will get screen
Verification Response :
Click on closebutton to close the window
** Again follow the same processof search challan
** Click on “search button” user will get screen
Verified CIN No. Screen :
**If GRAS site receive the Bank CIN from Bank site, then Payment verification with bank is shown as “Verified” and user can click on GRN No. to view the challan.
** Click on GRN No. user will get screen
Challan print screen will display.
When the user completes the work user should logout immediately to free the resources with the central server. The system displays the home page.