Name of the Organisation : The Hindu Centre
Name of the Scholarship: Public Policy Scholarship 2015
Location : India
Deadline: January 15, 2015
Official Website : http://www.thehinducentre.com/fellowships/public-policy-scholars/?ref=tth
Public Policy Scholars
The Hindu Centre will host on a rotational basis short-term scholars to work on projects for a period of 12 to 16 weeks that will examine issues of more immediacy on the national agenda. Public policy practitioners and bureaucrats would be strong candidates for such scholarships.
Upon completion of the projects, the Public Policy Scholars are expected to produce Papers/Reports containing conclusions or findings based on original explorations of current political or policy issues. The Centre places a premium on studies that will offer fresh perspectives on long-standing challenges or explore new and hitherto unexplored issues on the public agenda, reflecting the changing contours of the wider Indian public discourse. The conclusions of such explorations should add up to original policy approaches to the issues under study.
Call for Applications for Public Policy Scholars:
The Hindu Centre for Politics and Public Policy, Chennai, is offering four Public Policy Scholarships for a period of 12 to 16 weeks. Research proposals are invited on a variety of themes concerned with politics, public policy and governance. The scholarships are open to scholars, practitioners and bureaucrats in the fields of political science, public policy, law, and other social science disciplines. We invite applications that have cross-disciplinary approaches to their research as well.
One of these scholarships will be offered in collaboration with the International Justice Mission, New Delhi. Several regions of India have justice systems that function sub-optimally and are in many ways complicit in the oppression of poor people and marginalised groups in society. We encourage projects that will focus on transformations of mechanisms of justice. However, we specifically encourage proposals that focus on access to justice for the poor and marginalised groups in India.
The Hindu Centre will provide scholars with a stipend of Rs. 50,000 per month, office space, accommodation in Chennai (subject to availability) and a research grant for conducting fieldwork. The period of scholarship will be 12 to 16 weeks commencing February 2015.
The deadline for submission of applications is January 15, 2015.
Additional queries can be directed to email@example.com.
1. Before you submit your application, ensure that the application package is complete and that it includes,
a. A completed application form.
b. A covering letter.
c. A recent resume.
d. A statement of purpose not exceeding two pages with single spacing and 12 point font size.
e. A research proposal not exceeding 8 pages, written in 12 point readable font with double spacing. Recommended page margin is 1 inch.
f. Two confidential letters of reference that will be e-mailed to us directly.
2. Every page of your application form and documents should include a header bearing your name and the scholarship you are applying for. Please number all pages.
3. While completing the application please follow the instructions that are provided with each section.
4. While writing a statement of purpose, make sure that it includes a response to the following questions.
a. Why do you want to be a fellow The Hindu Centre?
b. How can The Hindu Centre help you in accomplishing your career goals?
c. How can your presence at The Hindu Centre augment and further the goals of the Centre?
5. Your research proposal should tell us exactly what your research question(s) is/are and how you propose to conduct your research. It should let us know that you have a good grasp of existing literature in your field and that your question(s) is/are new and interesting. Please include a select bibliography, a tentative budget and timeline for completion at the end of your proposal.
6. Brief your referees about the deadline for application submission and ensure that the references reach us on time.
7. Email the application with all attachments directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2015.