Name of the Organisation : Nationwide Education And Scholarship Test
Type of Announcement : NEST-Junior 2015
14TH NATIONWIDE EDUCATION AND SCHOLARSHIP TEST (NEST-Junior) – 2015
Registrations for NEST-JUNIOR-2015 for students of class X, XI & XII (Science) are open now.
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR CLASS X XII STUDENTS (SCIENCE STREAM ONLY) APPLY TO WIN SCHOLARSHIPS UPTO Rs.50000/- AND CERTIFICATES OF APPRECIATION.
Applications are invited from bonafide students of all recognised schools/colleges of Class X, XI & XII (Science Stream only) for the award of several scholarships worth Rs. 25,000/- to Rs. 50,000/- each. Certificates of Appreciation are also awarded to all high scoring candidates in the test with All India Ranking (AIR).
The scholarships are awarded based on merit in an online test of 02 hours for 200 questions for 200 Marks. The test comprises of four sections of 50 questions each (1 mark for each question) in Physics & Chemistry, Maths/Biology, English Language and Simple Logic & General Knowledge.
Please get a Demand Draft of Rs.500 (Rupees Five Hundred Only) before you start to fill up the application form. Please note that there is late fee of Rs.100/- after 31st March, 2015 till 31st May, 2015 and Rs. 200/- till 30th June,2015.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please log on to www.nest.net.in to apply and pay fees online.
Please follow the below given steps if you are sending applications by post/courier:
STEP – 1 : Get the Application Form :
Download the application form from www.nest.net.in/application_form.htm
STEP – 2 : Fill Up the Application Form
Fill up the application form correctly and completely and paste your latest photograph in the space provided on it.
STEP – 3 : Submit the Application Form
Send your filled up application form by registered post/courier attached with a DD of Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) in favour of SEMCI INDIA payable at MUMBAI at the following address:
B1, Piccadilly Flats,
57-J, Clare Road, Byculla,
Please read the following instructions before filling the application form.
1. Please note that you are applying for this test to win a scholarship. This test is not for admission to any course of study or coaching or guidance, etc.
2. You are eligible to apply for NEST-Junior-2015 only if you are currently a bona fide student of class 10, 11 or 12 (science stream only) in any school/college in India. In other words, you can apply for NEST-Junior category of scholarships of this year only if you are appearing in or passing out your class 10, 11, or 12 exam in the year 2015. It is advised that you read all the eligibility criteria carefully in the ABOUT NEST folder of our website www.nest.net.in before filling up the application form.
3. If you are paying your registration fee through Demand Draft, then it must be in favour of SEMCI INDIA payable at MUMBAI. Before filling up the application form, you must have your Demand Draft ready as you need to enter your Demand Draft details at the time of registration. But, if you are making payment online, i.e. through Internet Banking, then you should keep your Credit Card / Debit Card / Internet Banking Account details ready for online payment at the time of registration. You must not forget to write your own full name and/or Registration Number on the back-side of your Demand Draft before sending it to our Mumbai office.
You must send the Demand Draft by registered post /speed post / courier to:
The Director, NEST,
c/o SEMCI INDIA,
B-1, Piccadilly Flats,
57-J, Clare Road, Byculla,
Mumbai-400 008 (MS).
REGISTRATION FEE: Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) till 31 March, 2015. Thereafter, there is late fee of Rs. 100/- till 31 May, 2015 and Rs. 200/- till 30 June, 2015.
4. Test Centres are available only in the below mentioned cities :
AGRA, AHMEDABAD, AMRITSAR, AURANGABAD, BANGALORE, BHOPAL, BHUBANESHWAR, CHANDIGARH, CHENNAI, COIMBATORE, CUTTACK, DEHRADUN, DELHI & NCR, DHANBAD, DURGAPUR, ERNAKULAM (COCHIN), GOA, GUWAHATI, GWALIOR, HUBLI, HYDERABAD, INDORE, ITANAGAR, JABALPUR, JAIPUR, JAMMU, KOLKATA, LUCKNOW, LUDHIANA, MADURAI, MEERUT, MUMBAI & SUBURBS, NAGPUR, NASHIK, PATNA, PUNE, RANCHI, ROHTAK, SHIMLA, TRICHY, TRIVANDRUM, VADODARA, VIJAYWADA, VISHAKHAPATNAM.
* DELHI & NCR includes Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, and Noida.
**NOTE: Though the choice of centre is not guaranteed, yet we try our level best to allot the nearest centre to your correspondence address.
5. Write your Full Name as it appears in your school/college certificates.
6. Write Full Name of your father.
7. Fill up your date of birth as per your High School certificate.
8. There are TWO groups of subjects, viz. Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) and Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM). You must tick-mark any ONE of them.
9. Give your full and correct address for correspondence along with correct Pin Code of the area/town.
10. **You need to choose the name of the city (in the registration form) from where you would like to appear for the test. A test center would be allotted to you in the particular city.
11. You should write your correct permanent and functional Land-line and Mobile numbers as well as any other alternative telephone number to enable us to instantly inform you about any important matter regarding the test. Please do not change your numbers till your final result is declared.
12. Please make sure you mention your correct E-mail Id as we need it to send you all our notices or alerts first by e-mail and then by phone call and/or SMS.
13. Write full name of your College and its Location (i.e. town/city where you are currently a bona fide student and pursuing your studies).
14. Though percentage of marks in the qualifying and other previous exams is no bar to apply for NEST and, that is why, we do not check your percentage of marks now. This will only help us verify your details when you win a high rank and/or a scholarship based on your performance in the test.
15. Please note: Incorrect information may lead to rejection of your application form. You must undertake the responsibility of the correctness of all the information that you give in the application form.
16. You must upload your latest and clear photograph as proof of your identity in the application form. The photo must either be in (JPG, JPEG, GIF, TIF) format & it should be of a passport-size and its memory size should not be more than 100 KB. Please keep the scanned copy of your photo ready before you start the registration process.