Name of the Organisation : Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology Thiruvananthapuram
Type of Announcement : IIST Post Doctoral Fellowship Programme-January 2015
Home Page : http://www.iist.ac.in/
IIST Post Doctoral Fellowship Programme-January 2015
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Asia’s first Space University was established under the Department of Space in September 2007. IIST envisions the integration of Space Technology and Space Science educational programs with basic and applied research for meeting the national R&D requirements of science and technology in general and of the Indian Space Programme in particular. The institute provides a vibrant research atmosphere and offers doctoral and postdoctoral programmes.
Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates for Post Doctoral Fellowship Programme generally in various frontier research areas of Aerospace Engineering, Avionics, Chemistry and Physics.
Ph.D in the relevant area and first class or equivalent at the Masters level. Applicants, whose Doctoral Degree was received more than five years ago as on the last date for receipt of application, are not eligible for consideration.
Age Limit: 32 years as on last date receipt of application. Age relaxation applicable as per Govt. Rules.
Nationality: Applicant should be an Indian citizen.
Research Fellowship :
1. IIST-PDF Fellowship will be Rs.40,000/- pm (all inclusive).
2. PDF Scholars will be required to assist the department in research and laboratory related activity.
3. The Fellows are encouraged to publish their research findings in reputed journals jointly with faculty, following established practices of paper authorship and publications. At the end of the tenure the fellow will make a comprehensive monograph of the total research activity undertaken under the PDF programme.
4. During the tenure at IIST, the Post Doctoral Fellow will be governed by the leave and other administrative norms applicable to full time research scholars of IIST.
Application Procedure :
1. Applications in the prescribed format will be received until 31st January, 2015.
2. Applicants are required to submit a research proposal within the frame work of the area advertised for the PDF. The research proposal should be of 3 to 5 pages and should contain the following information.
a) brief statement of the problem
b) aim of the research project
c) review of relevant literature
d) preparatory work of the candidate
e) brief outline of the methodology and steps in the execution of the project
f) relevant bibliography
While preparing the research proposal the prospective candidates are advised to go through the specified area of PDRO placed at our website. For any clarification in this regard the applicant may contact the concerned IIST faculty identified in the PDRO.
How to apply :
1. Application form can be downloaded from IIST website www.iist.ac.in
2. Duly filled-in application form along with attested copies of documents mentioned in the application form should be sent to The Senior Administrative Officer, Recruitment and Review Section, IIST, Valiamala Post, Thiruvananthapuram – 695547 with the superscription “Application for IIST PDF Programme- January 2015”.
Selection procedure :
1. Short listed applicants will be invited to present a seminar on the topic of research followed by discussion with a specialist committee.
2. The specialist committee will make their recommendation/ ranking the PDF applicants in each research area in the order of merit.
3. The PDF is initially awarded for one year and is extendable to a second year based on the review of the progress of the research work by the end of the first year by an expert committee.
4. Outstation candidates will be paid to and fro 3 AC class train fare by shortest route, or actual fare (whichever is less) for attending the seminar / discussion.