Name of the organisation : Karnatak University Dharwad (kud.ac.in)
Description : Admission 2013 MPhil Programme
Reference No. : No.KU/Aca/P.G./Ph.D/Crt/KSK/01/2013-14/ 138 Date : 19.11.2013
Admission Notice : http://www.indianjobtalks.in/uploads/7181-M.Phil%20Notification%202013-14.pdf
Applications for Admission to the Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) programme are invited from qualified candidates in the prescribed form for the year 2013-14
Registration for M.Phil programme under the following Faculties:
1. Arts : English, Kannada, Folklore, Marathi, Hindi, Sanskrit,
2. Social Science : Economics, History & Archeology, A.I. History & Epigraphy, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Criminology & Forensic Science, Library & Information Science.
3. Science & Technology : Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Geology, Geography, Marine-Biology, Micro-Biology, Bio-Technology, Statistics, Computer Science
4. Education : Education
5. Law : Law
6. Commerce : Commerce
7. Management : Management
Minimum Qualification for Applying to the M.Phil. programme :
1. Candidate who has obtained a Master’s Degree from this or any other University recognized as equivalent thereto securing not less than 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/Cat-I) or equivalent grade in the aggregate at the Master’s Degree Programme shall be eligible to apply for the M.Phil Degree Programme in the concerned/cognate subject. Marks rounded off to make the percentage to 55 or 50 as the case may be through grace marks is not permissible for claiming M.Phil registration.
2. Such of the teachers employed on full-time basis before 31.03.1992 and who are continuing in service in any of the affiliated colleges, constituent colleges and PG Department of any recognized University shall be eligible to apply for M.Phil programme, subject to a minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/Cat-I) at the concerned Master’s Degree.
3. Admission to the M.Phil, programme shall be open to full-time (i.e. regular) candidates and also to the persons who are deputed for undergoing the M.Phil programme by the college or institutions recognized by the University.
Entrance Test :
1 A candidate who is eligible for admission to the M.Phil programme shall be selected on the basis of an Entrance Test administered by the University. There shall be two papers, at the Entrance Test, Paper – I & Paper – II, each paper carrying 50 marks. However, candidates who have passed the NET/SLET/GATE are exempted from the Entrance Test.
2 Candidates who have appeared for the Entrance Test shall secure a minimum of 50% in each paper and 55% marks in aggregate in the two papers (45% in each paper and 50% of marks in aggregate in two papers in case of SC/ST/ Cat-I Candidates) to be considered eligible for registration.
3 The Entrance Test shall be followed by an interview to be arranged by the Department. The candidates are expected to discuss their research interes
Application Processing Fee : G.M Students Rs.1000/-, for SC/ST/CAT-I Rs. 500/-
Duration and Structure of the Programme : The duration of the M. Phil Programme shall be of one academic year with two consecutive terms, each term consisting of six months duration.
1. Attested copies of Marks Card of Qualifying Exam (P.G. Degree).
2. An attested copy of the Caste certificate in case of SC/ST/Category-I/II-A/II-B/III-A/III-B candidates.
3. An attested document pertaining to UGC-JRF/CSIR-JRF/NET/SLET/ GATE/ FIP/ QIP/ specialized funded projects/ Govt., sponsored foreign candidates (wherever applicable).
4. Deputation letter (for F.I.P. & Q.I.P. Teacher Fellows)
5. However, selected Other University candidates have to submit Migration Certificate and Eligibility Certificate at the time of registration.
6. Non employed candidates belonging to SC/ST/Cat-I categories shall submit Current Income Certificate to claim exemption from fees. Only SC/ST/Cat-I category candidates whose parental present income is less than Rs. 2,00,000/- p.a. are eligible to claim fee exemption (as per Notification No. KU/SC-ST/Cat-I/Cell/2011-12/65 \dated: 06.09.2011).
How to Apply :
i) Application Form and the bank challan (bank challan should be downloaded and printed in legal size paper) from the website and the duly filled-in application form, along with all enclosures (including the original copy of the challan for Application Processing fee and Entrance Test fees) shall be submitted to the Chairman of the Concerned Department at K.U. Dharwad.
ii) Duly filled-in application form along with the above enclosures shall be submitted to the concerned chairperson of the department on or before 12.12.2013.
Important Dates :
1. Issue of Application forms : 21.11.2013 Thursday
2. Last date for the receipt of application forms : 12.12.2013 Thursday
3. Intimate to the Exam Section regarding No. of Applications Received : 14.12.2013 Saturday
4. Preparation of Question Paper : 16.12.2013 Monday
5. Preparation of Question Paper by Exam Section : 18.12.2013 Wednesday
6. Date of Entrance Test : 20.12.2013 Friday
7. Announcement of eligible candidates list : 28.12.2013 Saturday
8. Date of Interview : 30.12.2013 Monday
9. Meeting of the Departmental Council : 02.01.2014 to 07.01.2014 Thursday to Tuesday
10. Announcement of the list of selected candidates : 11.01.2014 Saturday
11. Last date for admission : 21.01.2014 Tuesday