Name of the Organisation : UIDAI Unique Identification Authority of India
Type of Announcement : Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal / Update Status
Facilities Related To UIDAI :
Aadhaar Card Status : http://www.indianjobtalks.in/8490.html
Link Aadhaar to LPG Online : http://www.indianjobtalks.in/8380.html
Update Aadhaar Data Online : http://www.indianjobtalks.in/8442.html
Aadhaar Card Update Status : http://www.indianjobtalks.in/15096.html
Update Aadhaar Data By Post : http://www.indianjobtalks.in/8487.html
Aadhaar Features and Eligibility : http://www.indianjobtalks.in/8449.html
Procedure For Aadhaar Enrolment : http://www.indianjobtalks.in/8458.html
Aadhaar Enabled Payments System : http://www.indianjobtalks.in/8478.html
Validate Aadhaar Digital Signature : http://www.indianjobtalks.in/8732.html
Online Appointment Booking : http://www.indianjobtalks.in/8463.html
Download Aadhaar Correction Form : http://www.indianjobtalks.in/8892.html
Online Pre-Enrolment Application : http://www.indianjobtalks.in/17262.htmlSponsored Links:
Update your Aadhaar data :
Please read the instructions carefully, before submitting the request
You can update the following data either by submitting your request Online or sending request through Post.
Date of Birth
Due to temporary issue in service, Airtel mobile users may find difficulty in using online portal. They may send their update request through Post for the time being.
If Resident is unable to locate the required Pincode/Village/Town/City/Post Office/District/State or is finding difficulty in local language transliteration, they may send their Update request through Post.
Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal :
Welcome to Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal. UIDAI is committed to provide resident friendly eco-system and self service update portal is one of the various touch points to update their profile in 3 easy steps:
STEP 1: Login with Aadhaar
STEP 2: Submit your Update Request
STEP 3: Upload Documents.
Note that Update here refers to any changes as well as corrections, if required, in resident´s original Aadhaar letter.
Who can use this portal?
Any resident with a mobile number can update their profile using this portal. Mobile number is mandatory to receive password for login.
What all information can be updated through this portal?
Residents can update Name, Address, Gender, Date of Birth and Mobile Number through this portal. For other updates, please visit Aadhaar Enrollment / Update Center. Click here for detailed instructions on submitting Aadhaar Update/ Correction requests through this portal.
What are the documents required to be submitted along with an update request?
Residents are required to upload self attested copy of relevant documents for update/ correction. Please click here for the valid list of documents.
Will resident information be Updated immediately after submission of request?
Submission of information for update does not guarantee update of Aadhaar data. The information submitted is subject to verification and validation.
Instructions for residents to use Update Portal :
1. Having a mobile number is mandatory for using the Update Portal
2. If you have declared a mobile number at the time of enrolment, enter your Aadhaar Number to get an OTP (One Time Pin) at that mobile. If you have not declared your mobile at the time of enrolment, then enter your Aadhaar number. You will be asked to provide a mobile number to receive OTP. In case you have lost/do not possess anymore, the mobile, that you declared at the time of enrolment, you will have to either visit nearest Update Centre or send your Update request through Post.
3. Enter OTP and captcha to login to the Update Portal
4. Select the fields you want to be updated /corrected. You can select more than one field also.
5. Fill the fields with current details in English as well as Local Language.
6. Depending on the field to be updated, attach self attested supporting documents as per the Valid Documents List. Refer Link for valid documents.
a. Name Correction/Update : Requires PoI listed in “Supported Proof of Identity(PoI) Documents Containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections/Update”
b. Date of Birth Correction : Requires DoB listed in “Supported Proof of Date of Birth (DoB) Documents”
c. Address Corrections/Change : Requires PoA listed in “Supported Proof of Address (PoA) Documents Containing Name and Address”
7. Review the data entered for correctness and completeness in English as well as local language. Note that Date of Birth will not appear in local language. Also any numeric figures will not be transliterated in local language. UIDAI will not make any corrections to the information in your request.
8. Submit the request. Note down your Update Request Number (URN) carefully for future reference and tracking. You can also download /Print your Update Request copy.
Instructions for filling the Aadhaar Update Form :
1. Fill all the fields. Fill the form in English as well as Local Language. The portal automatically enables the same local language as was used at the time of your enrolment for Aadhaar and appears in your Aadhaar Letter.
2. Fill the form with current details. There is no need to provide details that are no more valid. For example, if you want to update/correct your Name/Address just fill the New Name/ Address in the space provided in form. There is no need to provide old Name/ Address.
3. Write full name without salutations/titles. For example do not write Dr. /Mr. /Col. etc
4. Fill in Date of Birth in DDMMYYYY format. Resident can update his/her Date of Birth from Declared to Verified only once. In case resident’s Verified Date of Birth is incorrect in the Aadhaar letter, the resident can get it corrected once
5. Write complete address. The Aadhaar letter with updates will be delivered at the given address only. In case you face any issues with the Pin Code and related data (State/District/Village/Town/City/Post office), contact UIDAI contact centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. To include Guardian/ Parent/Spouse Name as part of the address, select the appropriate box in C/O details and enter the name of the person in the subsequent field. C/o details in address, is used for letter delivery purposes and is a part of address. It is not mandatory to provide C/o details with address.
7. You are required to fill the complete address and submit supporting PoA even if you want to update/correct only C/o details. It is ok if C/o details are not mentioned in your PoA document.
8. Resident must be available at the given mobile number for any clarifications. Status of application will be intimated to the resident by sending an sms on this mobile number.
9. Always check that the details entered are correct and complete.
10. Self attest the supporting documents. Resident’s name must be clearly mentioned below the signatures when self attesting the documents.
11. You do not have to submit all the proof documents. You have to submit only the document/s which is/are required to support the Change/ Correction. For eg. You need not attach an Address proof if you change your Date of Birth or your Name.
12. Aadhaar letter with updates will be delivered at the given address only in case of Update/Correction in Name, Address, Date of Birth and Gender. For Update of Mobile number, the notification will be sent on the given mobile number
13. Submission of information for update does not guarantee update of Aadhaar data. The information submitted is subject to verification and validation. Furnishing of incorrect information/suppression of information would lead to rejection of application and would attract penal provisions under prevailing laws.
Contact Center Details :
The UIDAI has set up a Contact Center. Resident can make queries about her/his update requests through any communication channel of the contact center.
Voice – 1800-300-1947
Fax – 080-2353 1947
Letters – PO Box 1947, GPO Bangalore – 560001