Name of the organisation : Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam (spmvv.ac.in)
Description : Admission 2013 2014 RESET Research Entrance Test MPhil, PhD
Reference No. : —
Admission Notice : https://www.indianjobtalks.in/uploads/2325-guidelines-candidates.pdf
Application Format : https://www.indianjobtalks.in/uploads/2325-RESET-Application.pdf
SPMVV Last Update :
Post Graduate Course PGCET Entrance Test : https://www.indianjobtalks.in/25187.html
Result for RESET 2013-2014 : https://www.indianjobtalks.in/23467.html
Hall Ticket for RESET 2013-14 : https://www.indianjobtalks.in/12336.html
RESEARCH ENTRANCE TEST (RESET)-2013-2014
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE RESEARCH ENTRANCE TEST FOR ADMISSION INTO M.Phil./Ph.D. PROGRAMMES
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam(SPMVV) provides facilities for research in several disciplines leading to the award of M.Phil/Ph.D. degree. Admissions are made in the concerned departments of the University College, and are restricted to women candidates only. A candidate is eligible to register for M.Phil/Ph.D. in the same or related subject/discipline in which she has Master’s degree. No candidate will be allowed to register for a subject, which is not offered in the University at P.G. level.
AVAILABILITY OF RESEARCH PROGRAMMES :
Research programmes leading to the award of M.Phil/Ph.D. degree are available in the following disciplines.
SCHOOL OF SCIENCES :
1. Applied Mathematics (o
2. Applied Microbiology (only Ph.D.)
4. Computer Science
5. Home Science
6. Pharmaceutical Sciences
SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES, HUMANITIES AND MANAGEMENT :
1. Communication and Journalism
4. Law (only Ph.D.)
6. Social Work
7. Telugu Studies
8. Women’s Studies
Ph.D. Programme : Research for Ph.D. degree can be carried out on full-time or part-time basis.
I. Full-Time Research : A full-time research scholar with PG/M.Phil. Degree carries out full time research for a minimum period of three / two years respectively putting in a minimum of 75% of attendance each year, either in SPMVV under a research supervisor, or in an institution recognized by SPMVV with an external guide from that institution and internal guide from SPMVV. The candidate shall not take up any other assignment. However, the candidate may work in the research projects of the respective research supervisors as Junior Research Fellows, Project Fellows etc.
Part-Time Research :
1. A Part-time research scholar with PG/M.Phil. Degree carries out part-time research under a research supervisor from SPMVV, while discharging her duties associated with her job in a recognized academic / research / professional / relevant institution or department. The candidate must work for her Ph.D. for a minimum of four/three years during which she has to put in a minimum attendance of four/three months in SPMVV respectively.
2. The candidate may also register for Ph.D in SPMVV with an external guide. In such cases, there shall be an internal guide from SPMVV. The external guide has to be recognized by the Board of Research Studies (BORS) and also by the Academic Senate of SPMVV.
Interdisciplinary Research :
Interdisciplinary Research leading to Ph.D. Degree may also be undertaken by the candidate either on full-time or on part-time basis with two research supervisors from two different disciplines. The candidate shall work with the guide / co-guide from the University department/University recognized research institution. Ph.D. Degree shall be awarded to the candidate in the same subject/discipline in which she has registered.
Eligibility Criteria :
1. The candidate should possess a postgraduate degree of the concerned/ related subject of any recognized University, with a second class with a minimum of 55% of marks and 50% in the case of SC/ST and PHC candidates. However, for research in Women’s Studies, a candidate with a postgraduate degree in any discipline is eligible.
2. For part-time registration, the candidate should be a member of the staff of any academic/ research/ professional/ technical institution. The candidate should have a minimum work experience for a period of two years.
M.Phil. Programme Full-Time Research :
A full-time research scholar carries out full-time research for a minimum period of one year, putting in 75% of attendance, without taking up any other assignment. However, the candidates may work in the Research Projects of the respective supervisors as Junior Research Fellows, Project Fellows etc.
II. Part-Time Research :
A part-time research scholar carries out part-time research while discharging her duties associated with her regular job in a recognized academic / research / professional/ technical/ relevant institution. The candidate must work for her M.Phil. for a minimum of two years, putting in a minimum attendance of two months in SPMVV.
NOTE: Research for M.Phil. shall be carried out under the supervision of single internal guide only. No external guides are allowed.
Eligibility Criteria :
i) A postgraduate degree of any recognized University, with second class with a minimum of 55% of marks and 50% for SC / ST and PHC candidates in the concerned subject. However, for research in Women’s Studies, a candidate with a postgraduate degree in any discipline is eligible.
ii) For part-time registration, the candidate should be a member of the staff of any recognized academic/ research/ professional/technical institution. The candidate should have a minimum work experience for a period of two years.
Application Fee : D.D. for Rs.1,200/- and for SC/ST candidates Rs.800/- towards registration fee drawn in favour of the Registrar, S.P. Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati
How to Apply :
i) Application format can be downloaded from the website.
ii) Two self-addressed envelopes 22 cm X 10 cm size one stamped worth Rs.10/- and the other stamped worth Rs.45/- .
iii) Attested copies of;
a) PG marks statement and Degree Certificate.
b) Integrated permanent caste certificate in case of SC/ST/BC applicants.
c) Evidence of having qualified for NET/SLET/JRF/GATE examination if applicable.
d) Certificate of SSC or its equivalent as proof of date of birth.
e) Service certificate for Part-time Candidates
f) Evidence of PHC from Government Civil Surgeon
iv) Duly filled in application form specifying the name of the Department on the envelope together with all the required enclosures should be submitted in person or sent by registered post to reach the following address on or before 30-11-2013, 5.00 p.m.
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam
TIRUPATI – 517 502,
Last Date : 30-11-2013